Any letters or communication between the sponsor and the beneficiary shall always be channelled through the local Partner and CAF. However, we encourage the sponsor to personalize his/her messages in order to create a special bond with the child or young adult. How we respect privacy when we deal with personal information collected by our organization
Who we are
Our website address is: http://childrenarethefuture.eu
If you have any comments or questions about this notice, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Personal data that we process
The following table explains the types of data we collect and the legal basis, under current data protection legislation, on which this data is processed.
|Purpose||Data (key elements)||Basis|
|Inquiring about our organization and its work||Name, email, message||Legitimate interests – it is necessary for us to read and store your message so that we can respond in the way that you would expect.|
|Subscribing to email updates about our work, volunteers, friends of CAF||Name, email||Consent – you have given your active consent.|
|Making a donation||Name, email, address, payment information||Legitimate interests – this information is necessary for us to fulfill your intention of donating money and your expectation of receiving a confirmation message.|
|Signing up as a member/sponsor||Name, email, nationality, postal address, telephone number||Membership – by paying your membership/sponsorship fees you have entered into a relationship with us as set out in our membership/sponsorship terms and conditions.|
|Website functionality||Website activity collected through cookies||Legitimate interests – it is necessary for us to store a small amount of information, usually through cookies, to deliver functionality that you would expect, such as remembering the contents of your order before you have fully completed the process.|
How we use your data
We will only use your data in a manner that is appropriate considering the basis on which that data was collected, as set out in the table at the top of this policy.
For example, we may use your personal information to:
- reply to inquiries you send to us;
- handle donations or other transactions that you initiate;
- where you have specifically agreed to this, send you information communications by email relating to our work which we think may be of interest to you.
When we share your data
We will only pass your data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- you have provided your explicit consent for us to pass data to a named third party,
- we are using a third party purely for the purposes of processing data on our behalf and we have in place a data processing agreement with that third party that fulfills our legal obligations in relation to the use of third-party data processors,
- we are required by law to share your data.
In addition, we will only pass data to third parties outside of the EU where appropriate safeguards are in place as defined by Article 46 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
How long we keep your data
We take the principles of data minimization and removal seriously and have internal policies in place to ensure that we only ever ask for the minimum amount of data for the associated purpose and delete that data promptly once it is no longer required.
Rights you have over your data
You have a range of rights over your data, which include the following:
- Where data processing is based on consent, you may revoke this consent at any time and we will make it as easy as possible for you to do this. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to ask for rectification and/or deletion of your information.
- You have the right to access your information.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner if you feel your rights have been infringed.
A full summary of your legal rights over your data can be found on the Data Protection Authority (DPA) website: https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be.
If you would like to access the rights listed above, or any other legal rights you have over your data under current legislation, please get in touch with us.
Please note that relying on some of these rights, such as the right to deleting your data, will make it impossible for us to continue to deliver some services to you. However, where possible we will always try to allow the maximum access to your rights while continuing to deliver as many services to you as possible.
Cookies & usage tracking
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is downloaded on to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are used by many websites and can do a number of things, eg remembering your preferences, recording what you have put in your shopping basket, and counting the number of people looking at a website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Children are the Future adheres to the principles on images and messages laid down in the Concord Code of Conduct. Any person concerned can object to the publication of images and information on this website. This person should contact our Communication team by email on the following email address: email@example.com.